Friday, January 4, 2013

There's an app for that!

I've been encouraged by some friends to blog again. And since I'm always insisting they try new money saving apps they suggested I write a post about them so all the world can join in the fun! :)

Let's start with...

Shopkick

So far I've had this app for 3 months and I've earned $20 in Target Gift Cards. There are other gift cards you can get but since I frequent Target I found them to be the most valuable. It takes 500 "kicks" (which is just a fancy name for points) to get a $2 Target Gift Card. I'm terrible about saving up my gift cards so I basically use them as soon as I get them and just look at it as a $2 coupon off my grocery bill.

The app can be a little tricky to figure out at first but once you get it, it's super easy! There are 5 ways to earn kicks (I only use 4 of them)

1. Walk in the store. Yes it's as easy as that. Just make sure your ShopKick app is open, walk in the store and boom you get kicks! It can be anywhere from 25-200 kicks.

2. Scan items. For some stores there is a list of items you can scan as you walk through the store.


3. Flip through "Lookbooks". Each store on the ShopKick list has "books" you can look through. Basically just advertisements although occasionally there are coupons. The books with blue stars at the top have free kicks inside.


4. Bonus Board. To be honest I haven't totally figured this one out but occasionally something pops up saying I got kicks on my bonus board and I say "Yay!"

5. Spending Money. This is the one I don't use. If you link your credit card to the app then some stores give you kicks for spending a certain amount of money.

So there you have it! Click on "Shopkick" above to join!

Come back tomorrow (or maybe the next day) for another exciting app recommendation!

No comments: